Amsterdam City Passes
Amsterdam City Passes give you easy and quick access to attractions and museums in Amsterdam and discounts to tours and day trips. When you use an Amsterdam City Pass wisely, it can save you money.
But which Amsterdam Pass is the best? There are five Amsterdam City Passes available. Below you will find a comparison of the Amsterdam passes and a selection of interesting combi-tickets. Tips on how to best use these cards are included.
RECOMMENDED READ: Amsterdam Exhibitions Calendar
The I Amsterdam Card is gives unlimited access to more than 70 museums and attractions in Amsterdam. Included is also free use of public transport for either 1, 2, 3 or 4 days and a canal cruise. The I Amsterdam City Card comes with a city map, an app and a nice magazine listing current things to do.
Price I Amsterdam Card 2020
- €65 (or US$73,93) – 24h City Card
- €85 or (US$ 6,68) – Two days (48h)
- €105 or (US$ 119,43) – Three days (72 hours)
- €120 or (US$ 136.49) – Four days (96 hours)
When is I Amsterdam Card the best choice for you?
• If you want to see as many museums as possible (at least 3 a day) in a few days.
• If you plan to visit only Amsterdam.
Tip for using the I Amsterdam Card
• The I Amsterdam Card comes with two passes: one card for public transport and one card for the museums. Both passes start counting down the amount of hours the moment you first use them.
• Get into the first museum after 10 am. That way, you still go to a museum the next morning as the card is valid for 24 hours.
• Visit the Van Gogh Museum on Friday evening.
The Holland Pass buys you 3, 4 or 6 entrances to the museums and attractions of your choice. These come in two categories: gold and silver, and are located all over The Netherlands. You have one month to use the entrances. Included is a discountpass that gives 10 to 25% discount to many other attractions.
Price Holland Pass 2020
€ 45 or US$ 50.06 – Small: 3 entrances (1 Gold)
€ 60 or US$ 66.64 – Medium: 4 entrances (2 Gold)
€ 80 or US$ 88.99 – Large: 6 entrances (3 Gold)
When is the Holland Pass the best choice?
• If you want to see more of Holland than just Amsterdam
• If you want to use the discount pass to get an interesting discount on day trips and guided tours as well more ‘fun’ attractions, like the Heineken Experience.
• You don’t want rush to see many museums in one day, but rather take your time.
Tips for using the Holland Pass
• The most popular museums and attractions are in the Gold category. A walking tour, Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum, Tropenmuseum, NEMO Science Museum, Heineken Experience and Madame Tussauds are in this category. Van Gogh Museum, Canal Cruises and many other attractions are in the Silver category. A list of attractions and their category is found here.
• If you want to see the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and another Silver category attraction, you are already saving money with the Small Pass. You can still get an interesting discount for many other things to do.
• After the first museum, the card is valid for a month.
• You can do the canal cruise also in another city, like Leiden, Utrecht or Haarlem. The Holland Pass comes with a handy guidebook.
The Amsterdam City Pass buys fast-track admission to the Van Gogh Museum or the Rijksmuseum. Also included is an Airport Transfer (train ticket), a Canal Cruise and 20% discount on many other attractions and museums in Amsterdam.
Price Amsterdam City Pass 2020
The Amsterdam City Pass costs € 50,50.
When is the Amsterdam City Card the best choice?
• If you want to see either Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum AND go on a canal cruise AND want to see some more museums or attractions OR take a guided tour.
• If you also want train tickets from the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Tips for using the Amsterdam City Card
• The Amsterdam City Pass is really easy to use. Just choose (book) the museum of your choice: either Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh. You also get the return train ticket, a canal cruise and discount.
• Entrance to Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum costs arounds € 19. A Canal Cruis is around € 16. Two train tickets are around €10. So to benefit financially from the Amsterdam City Pass, you will need to use the 20% discount for other museums and attractions, bike tours, but also excursions and organised side trips.
• Kids can get this Amsterdam city pass with special discount.
City Pass Plus
The Amsterdam City Card Plus (formerly called Museum Card for Tourists) includes tickets to BOTH Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh, a canal cruise and a two-way Airport Transfer by Train. You get 20% discount on other museums and attractions.
Price Amsterdam City Card Plus 2020
The Amsterdam City Card costs € 75,50.
Public Transport Holland Shop
But there are more options. You can buy a public transport card for: only Amsterdam, greater Amsterdam (includes trains), the Rotterdam/The Hague area and all public transport in entire Holland. The Amsterdam Travel Ticket is perhaps the easiest to understand: it allows free travel in Amsterdam for 1, 2 or 3 days. It includes travel from an to the airport.
Combination deals are a good choice when you want to visit only a small number of museums. You can skip the line at the museum and get an interesting discount at the same time. They are also a lot easier to understand than the Amsterdam city passes! Below you find special offers for popular combination deals.
Heineken Experience & Canal Cruise
Combine an hour-long cruise with a visit to the former Heineken beer brewery. You need to select the date and the time you want to visit the Heineken Experience.
Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum & Canal Cruise
Combine a visit to the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum and a canal cruise, skip the long lines and save money. For the Van Gogh Museum you need to select a date and a time slot for entrance.