Dutch women find Dutch guys dull, so as a foreigner you might stand a good chance to start dating one of these tall, independent women. Though you have to careful, because like their male counterparts, Dutch women just as easily bond with a man without ever becoming his lover. Relations between men and women in The Netherlands are just as flat and equal as the landscape is.
What can you expect from a Dutch woman? Well, according to surveys found on the web:
Dutch women are happy
- Dutch women are very happy, whether they are alone or in a relationship. Dutch women rate their happiness in life with a 7,5. According to a researcher, Dutch women don’t get depressed.
- 13% of Dutch women smoke.
Half of Dutch women has been in love with another man while in a relationship. 27% of Dutch women has cheated on their partner (in Italy this is 45%!).
- On average, Dutch girls have sex for the first time when they are 16 years old.
- Though only 45% of the Dutch women are (mildly) obese, some 70% find themselves too fat. 23% is so insecure, they’ll only have sex with the lights off. 43% is unsure about their good looks. In other countries this is 64%.
- More than elsewhere, Dutch women think that ‘feeling beautiful’ has to do with what you have accomplished in life, whether you are doing what your really enjoy. In other countries, especially less developed countries, ‘to be loved’ and financial and business success is more important.
- Dutch women like their men to be kind, sensitive and least of all macho.
- Chosen as ‘most sexy man of The Netherlands’ is Marco Borsato, a Dutch-Italian singer and tv host and famous ‘Christian’ Arie Boomsma.
- Though plastic surgery is not very common in Holland, many women (33%) would change something about their bodies if they could.
Amsterdam: where the most beautiful women live
Ask a man who has visited several countries where he would to return to and you can be sure he picks the places where he saw the most beautiful women. A web survey made a list of the cities with the most beautiful women, based on the quality of women, the ratio women/men and approachability.
On number 10, we find: Amsterdam Holland. “Indeed, the dream of many men: seeing tall blond beautiful women riding bicycles and behaving friendly. No need for the Red Quarter.”
- The amount of women (and men!) in The Netherlands working part-time is higher than anywhere else in the world. Some 60% of Dutch women aged 25-54 work part-time. This percentage is 19% in the USA, 22% in France, 38% in Germany and 37% in Ireland (2009, OECD statistics).
- Dutch women like working part-time, especially after having had their first child. Still, they have a busy life working, taking care of the kids, cleaning the house, shopping for groceries, cooking, catching up with friends, doing sports and hobbies. When they work, they work for ‘fun’ and not for the money. Full-time work is not a financial necessity when they have a second income from the partner.
- Dutch women are tall. The average length is 1.70 m. Average clothes size of Dutch women is 42 and they weigh 80 kilos. Around 50% of Dutch women have cup size D.
- 70% of Dutch women like to experiment in bed.
- Dutch women cheat, but with morals. It’s ‘not done’ to cheat with the partner of a friend nor to sleep with your partner’s best friend or brother. A colleague at work, parent of your kids’ friends or the neighbour seems to be less problematic.
- One in 3 marriages in The Netherlands ends in divorce.