What’s up with the prices in Amsterdam in 2021? How much costs a holiday to Amsterdam? A beer on a nice terrace in Amsterdam costs around € 3,00, a glass of wine is € 4,50. In Amsterdam, dinner with a bottle of wine will set you back at least € 40 per person.
In this article, you will find a list of prices of drinks, food, cigarettes and weed etc. in Amsterdam in 2020. Prices are average. Prices in Amsterdam depend on location, style and quality of the food. The more central the location, the more expensive Amsterdam can be.
Amsterdam Hotel Prices 2021
Hotels in Amsterdam are among the most expensive of Europe. July, August and December are the busiest months in Amsterdam. It’s best to book a hotel in advance to get a good deal.
Prices of Food & Drinks in Amsterdam 2021
- € 10,- – Pornstar Margarita Cocktail at Calle Ocho
- € 6,50 – Pint of Beer (0,5 l.)
- € 4,75 – Glass of Wine
- € 2,50 – Draft Beer (25 cl)
- € 3,00 – € 7,50- Special Beer on Tap or Bottle
- € 3,50 – Orange Juice
- € 2,50 – Soda (Coke/Sprite/mineral water
- € 2,50 – 2,75 – Latte / cappuccino
- € 2,20 – Espresso/Coffee/tea
- € 2,00 – Bottle of mineral water (supermarket)
Breakfast, Lunch and snacks
- € 13,50 – Poké Bowl
- € 12,50 – Caesar Salade
- € 11,00 – Plate of Dutch deep-fried snacks
- € 10,00 – Hamburger
- € 9,00 – Pizza Margarita
- € 8,50 – Fried eggs on bread
- € 6,00 – Pancake
- € 6,00 – Tom Yam Koeng at Amsterdam China Town
- € 4,00 – Grilled cheese sandwich (‘tosti’)
- € 4,75 – Home Made Apple Pie
Restaurant Prices in Amsterdam
Restaurant Prices in Amsterdam vary from € 14,50 to € 24,- for a main course. Expect to pay about € 30 per person for a 2-course meal without drinks in a mid-range restaurant in Amsterdam.
Find Tips on how to find a Good Restaurant in Amsterdam. For budget prices in Amsterdam, read this article about cheap restaurants in Amsterdam.
- € 75,00 6-course Chef Menu at De Silveren Spiegel
- € 47,50 – 5-Course Menu at De School
- € 17,25 – Chicken livers baked with onions and bacon at Haesje Claes
- € 23,00 – Steak and french fries at Loetje
- € 18,50 – Vegetarian curry at De Waaghals
- € 17,75 – Spare ribs at De Zagerij
- € 14,50 – Bottle of wine
Prices of Museums, Attractions & Tours in Amsterdam
Prices of Amsterdam museums and attractions have gone up in 2021. This is mainly due to corona. Check the links for tickets and exact prices. To avoid lines, always buy tickets in advance via the links below. Tickets for the Anne Frank tend to sell out quickly. Tickets to the Anne Frank House can only be bought via their own website (see link below)
- € 23,00 – Rijksmuseum
- € 23,00 – Van Gogh Museum
- € 23,00 – Stedelijk Museum
- € 14,00 – Rembrandt House Museum
- € 10,00 – Anne Frank House
- €10,00 – Museum Van Loon
- € 23,00 – Artis Royal Zoo
- € 21,50 – Ripley’s Believe it or Not
- € 18,00 – Heineken Experience
- € 12,50 – A’DAM Lookout (including 2 drinks)
- € 15,50 – Johan Cruijff ArenA Stadium Guided Tour (75-minutes)
Prices of Amsterdam boat trip
Prices of a basic Amsterdam canal cruise with audio guide start from around € 13,00. If you want something more special, there are many guided canal cruises that offer a cruise and drinks or food included.
Tours, Day Trips & Canal Cruises
From Amsterdam, there are many day trips and tours you can do. Recommended are windmill village Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Edam and visits to cheese markets in the area. From end March to end May, there are the Tulip gardens in bloom that can be visited at Keukenhof gardens, by organised bus from Amsterdam.
Prices of Amsterdam City Passes
For popular museums in Amsterdam, I advise you to buy tickets online to avoid long lines. Do you want to visit multiple museums and attractions in Amsterdam? Compare Amsterdam City Passes and choose one that saves time and money.
Price of Transportation in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a small city, be explored by walking or public transport. Below you will find prices of a one way ticket as well as several day tickets. Via the links you can get more info and buy tickets easily online, so you are prepared when you arrive in the city.
- € 3,20 – 1-hour Public Transport Ticket (tram, bus, metro)
- € 8,00 – Day Ticket Public Transport Amsterdam (24h)
- € 4,50 – Train Ticket Airport Schiphol to Amsterdam
- € 55,00 – Taxi from the Airport to Amsterdam
- € 15,00 – Taxi in Amsterdam
- € 55,00 – Rental Car Amsterdam per Day
- € 5,50 – 1-hour Parking Fee in Central Amsterdam
- € 1,73 – Gasoline per liter (price Netherlands September 2021)
- € 10,00 – Bike Rental per Day
Nightlife in Amsterdam Prices
- € 15,00 – Entrance Price of a Club in Amsterdam
- € 9,00 – Mixed drink in a club
- € 3,50 – Beer in a club
- € 1,00 – Wardrobe (obligated)
- € 1,00 – Toilet facilities
Tobacco and cigarettes in Amsterdam Prices 2021
- € 8,00 – Cigarettes (Marlboro Red, 20)
- € 13,50 – Tobacco (Samson, 50 gram):
In The Netherlands, you can buy tobacco and cigarettes at newspaper stands, supermarkets, and gasoline stations. There are also many cigarette vending machines in bars, clubs and café’s, or some cigarettes are available at the bar. The price of cigarettes in Amsterdam is the same no matter where you buy them.
How much is weed in Amsterdam?
- € 8,00 – Gram of hash in a coffeeshop
- € 12,00 – Gram of weed in a coffee shop in Amsterdam
Weed and hash are for sales only at coffee shops. The price of hash or weed in an Amsterdam coffee shop ranges from €4 to €35 per gram. Also see menu below. Amsterdam smart shops herbal drugs for sale.
Prices Amsterdam 2021 Red Light
For prices in the Amsterdam Red Light area, you can expect to pay about € 75 for 15 minutes of oral sex and intercourse with a prostitute behind a window in the Amsterdam red light district.
Minimum cost of living per month in Amsterdam, 2021
Prices of Amsterdam rental apartments have gone down in 2012, due to corona. They might rise again.
- € 1500,00 – Rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Amsterdam
- € 150,00 – Electricity, gas, water plus local taxes
- € 120,00 – Dutch Health Insurance (obligated!)
- € 40,00 – Internet provider Mobile Phone: always online + mobile phone
- € 50,00 – Basic WiFi, Fast Internet & Cable Television
- € 9,04 – Official minimum income in The Netherlands (per hour, 40 hours a week)
READ MORE: How to find a flat in Amsterdam.
These are the prices in Amsterdam in 2021.