What’s up with the prices in Amsterdam in 2023? Because of the corona pandemic, many bars and restaurants were suffering. Now that normal life is back, the prices in Amsterdam have risen sharply. In 2023, small beer in Amsterdam costs about € 3,00, it is now, a glass of wine is € 4,50. In Amsterdam, dinner with a bottle of wine will set you back at least € 40 per person.
In this article, you will find a list of prices of drinks, food, cigarettes, and weed, etc. in Amsterdam in 2023. Prices are average. Prices in Amsterdam depend on the location, style, and quality of the food. The more central the location, the more expensive Amsterdam can be.
Amsterdam Hotel Prices 2023
Hotels in Amsterdam are among the most expensive in Europe. July, August, and December are the busiest months in Amsterdam. On average, a hotel room in Amsterdams costs €130 in 2023.
Prices of Food & Drinks in Amsterdam 2023
- € 3,00 – Average Heineken tap draught Beer (25 cl)
- € 6,50 – Pint of Beer (0,5 l.) at Irish pub o’reilly’s
- € 11,50 – Pornstar Margarita Cocktail at Calle Ocho
- € 6,50 – Glass of Wine at The Hoxton
- € 4,00 – Bottled Belgian beer Duvel at Lokaal ‘t Loosje
- € 2,50 – Coke/Sprite/mineral water
- € 3,20 – Cappuccino at Anne&Max
- € 2,20 – Espresso/Coffee/tea
- € 2,00 – Small bottle of mineral water (supermarket)
Breakfast, Lunch and snacks
- € 13,50 – Poké Bowl
- € 12,50 – Caesar Salade
- € 9,00 – 2 Dutch ‘kroketten’ on bread at Blauwe Pan
- € 11,00 – Plate of Dutch deep-fried snacks (bitterballen)
- € 10,50 – Cheeseburger at Burgermeester
- € 9,00 – Pizza Pepperoni at Peppino Amsterdam
- € 11.95 – Pancake breakfast at Pancake Bakery
- € 7,00 – Tom Yam Koeng at Amsterdam China Town
- € 4,75 – Home made apple pie with cream at Café ‘t Papeneiland
Restaurant Prices in Amsterdam
Restaurant Prices in Amsterdam in 2023vary from € 14,50 to € 24,- for a main course. Expect to pay about € 30 per person for a 2-course meal without drinks in a mid-range restaurant in Amsterdam.
Find Tips on how to find a Good Restaurant in Amsterdam. For budget prices in Amsterdam, read this article about cheap restaurants in Amsterdam.
- € 85,00 6-course Chef Menu at De Silveren Spiegel
- € 49,50 – 5-Course Menu at De School
- € 17,25 – Chicken livers baked with onions and bacon at Haesje Claes
- € 23,00 – Steak and french fries at Loetje
- € 36,00 – 3-course vegetarian or vegan menu at De Waaghals
- € 15,00 – Bottle of wine
Prices of Museums, Attractions & Tours in Amsterdam
Prices of Amsterdam museums and attractions have gone up in 2023. Check the links for tickets and exact prices. To avoid lines, always buy tickets in advance via the links below. Tickets for the Anne Frank tend to sell out quickly. Tickets to the Anne Frank House can only be bought via their own website (see link below)
- € 21,00 – Rijksmuseum
- € 21,00 – Van Gogh Museum
- € 20,00 – Stedelijk Museum
- € 15,00 – Rembrandt House Museum
- € 10,00 – Anne Frank House
- € 12,50 – Museum Van Loon
- € 25,00 – Artis Royal Zoo
- € 21,50 – Ripley’s Believe it or Not
- € 21,00 – Heineken Experience
- € 14,50 – A’DAM Lookout
- € 18,00 – Johan Cruijff ArenA Stadium Guided Tour (75-minutes)
Prices of Amsterdam boat trip
Prices of a basic Amsterdam canal cruise with audio guide start from around € 14,00. If you want something more special, there are many guided canal cruises that offer a cruise and drinks or food included.
Tours, Day Trips & Canal Cruises
From Amsterdam, there are many day trips and tours you can do. Recommended are windmill village Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Edam and visits to cheese markets in the area. From end March to end May, there are the Tulip gardens in bloom that can be visited at Keukenhof gardens, by organised bus from Amsterdam.
Prices of Amsterdam City Passes
For popular museums in Amsterdam, I advise you to buy tickets online to avoid long lines. Do you want to visit multiple museums and attractions in Amsterdam? Compare Amsterdam City Passes and choose one that saves time and money.
Price of Transportation in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a small city, be explored by walking or public transport. Below you will find prices of a one way ticket as well as several day tickets. Via the links you can get more info and buy tickets easily online, so you are prepared when you arrive in the city.
- € 3,20 – 1-hour Public Transport Ticket (tram, bus, metro)
- € 8,00 – Day Ticket Public Transport Amsterdam (24h)
- € 4,50 – Train Ticket Airport Schiphol to Amsterdam
- € 55,00 – Taxi from the Airport to Amsterdam
- € 15,00 – Taxi in Amsterdam
- € 55,00 – Rental Car Amsterdam per day
- € 7,50 – 1-hour Parking Fee in Central Amsterdam
- € 2,30 – Gasoline per liter (price Netherlands March 2023)
- € 10,00 – Bike Rental per Day
Nightlife in Amsterdam Prices
- € 15,00 – Entrance Price of a Club in Amsterdam
- € 9,00 – Mixed drink in a club
- € 3,50 – Beer in a club
- € 1,00 – Wardrobe (obligated)
- € 1,00 – Toilet facilities
Tobacco and cigarettes in Amsterdam Prices 2021
- € 8,50 – Cigarettes (Marlboro Red, 20)
- € 14,00 – Tobacco (Samson, 50 gram):
In The Netherlands, you can buy tobacco and cigarettes at newspaper stands, supermarkets, and gasoline stations. There are also many cigarette vending machines in bars, clubs and cafés, or some cigarettes are available at the bar. The price of cigarettes in Amsterdam is the same no matter where you buy them.
How much is weed in Amsterdam?
- € 8,00 – Gram of hash in a coffeeshop
- € 12,00 – Gram of weed in a coffee shop in Amsterdam
Weed and hash are for sales only at coffee shops. The price of hash or weed in an Amsterdam coffee shop ranges from €4 to €35 per gram. Also see menu below. Amsterdam smart shops herbal drugs for sale.
Prices Amsterdam 2023 Red Light
For prices in the Amsterdam Red Light area, you can expect to pay about € 75 for 15 minutes of oral sex and intercourse with a prostitute behind a window in the Amsterdam red light district.
Minimum cost of living per month in Amsterdam, 2023
Prices of Amsterdam rental apartments have gone down in 2012, due to corona. They might rise again.
- € 2000,00 – Rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Amsterdam
- € 150,00 – Electricity, gas, water plus local taxes
- € 130,00 – Dutch Health Insurance (obligated!)
- € 40,00 – Internet provider Mobile Phone: always online + mobile phone
- € 60,00 – Basic WiFi, Fast Internet & Cable Television
- € 9,04 – Official minimum income in The Netherlands (per hour, 40 hours a week)
READ MORE: How to find a flat in Amsterdam.
These are the prices in Amsterdam in 2023.
I love reading about Amsterdam ! It would be a dream to be an expat American for a while! Hope to visit!
thank you for your help jill
Hi me and my friend want to go to Amsterdam and we want to know how safe is it, what is the best time to come and where should we stay like the best place
Hi can you get from aiport to Amsterdam with an ov card?
Hi. You need to charge the OV card first. Then you can take a train to Central Station. The trains are down the stairs, near the exit. You ‘check in’ with the OV Chipcard and when you arrive at C.S check out, so the amount is taken from the card. There are many trains to Amsterdam, so make sure you get one to CENTRAL STATION. But I wouldn’t worry, cause usually they have special people to guide you to right train. There is also an information stand. It’s easy. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip! -Tanja
Hi I am coming to Amsterdam on Tuesday, if I buy an ov card will I be able to get from airport to Amsterdam with this card?